Reduce Your Risk: Best Practices for Securing Operational Technology and SCADA Networks
How vulnerable is your operational technology? In sectors ranging from manufacturing and utilities to transportation and healthcare, automation makes work easier and more efficient. But increased automation brings greater security risks and more opportunities for hackers who are looking to disrupt and exploit OT environments.
In the connected world of industrial Internet of Things, prime OT targets include:
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) networks, a common framework of control systems used in industrial operations to provide services such as water, electricity, and natural gas to cities and communities
- Distributed control systems (DCS) providing automation in large processing plants and manufacturing facilities
- Building automation systems that connect heating, HVAC, lighting, and other hardware and software systems.
Join CRITICALSTART’s TEAMARES security experts Allyn Lynd (Blue team) and Chase Dardaman (Red team) on Wednesday, October 21 at 11 am CT for “Reduce Your Risk: Best Practices for Securing Operational Technology and SCADA Networks.”
In this live, one-hour session, you will learn best practices to:
- Deploy and maintain security for your OT / SCADA devices (spoiler alert: number one is OT/IT segmentation).
- Design new OT / SCADA systems integrating security from the beginning as opposed to after it has been deployed.
- Ensure your incident response plan has what it takes to limit damages from breaches.
- Build your business case to secure approval and funding for new security measures.
You will also discover where the biggest risks are, the motivations of attackers, and where to find more best practices and resources.
Not enough? How about actual use cases of OT / SCADA attacks; Allyn will share from his experience working as an FBI agent.