CRITICALSTART Announces New Advanced Threat Analytics App for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework
ANAHEIM, Calif., May 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ – CRITICALSTART today unveiled its Advanced Threat Analytics app for the Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW) Application Framework. As legacy MSSPs continue to arbitrarily filter or tune security alerts to address the industry’s alert overload issue, CRITICALSTART‘s Advanced Threat Analytics app for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework uses an innovative zero-trust model that investigates all security alerts until they are classified as good or normal and can be safely filtered out – reducing alerts by 99 percent.
Consuming cybersecurity innovations has become an arduous process. Organizations waste time deploying new sensors every time they want to collect a new piece of data and managing point products rather than improving security controls to stay ahead of attackers. The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework makes it easy to add new security capabilities quickly and efficiently. The framework extends the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform, with a suite of APIs that developers can use to connect innovative apps with rich data, threat intelligence, and enforcement points. Organizations gain immediate security value from apps developed by an open ecosystem of trusted innovators.
CRITICALSTART‘s Advanced Threat Analytics Platform (ATAP) is a zero-trust event orchestration platform that powers CRITICALSTART‘s managed security services. ATAP uses contextual data and enrichment to filter events under “known-good” conditions and provide a single interface to view, triage, escalate, and respond to incidents created by bad or unknown events. As part of the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, CRITICALSTART‘s Advanced Threat Analytics app will facilitate the contextual enrichment of events with information collected from the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform, without requiring the collection of all the events. This capability allows security operations center (SOC) analysts to triage incidents and subsequently filter good events with multi-stage filters leveraging information pulled from the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework. All of these capabilities also carry over to CRITICALSTART‘s “MOBILESOC” application — the industry’s only mobile SOC app for iPhone and Android devices so enterprise customers can interact with CRITICALSTART‘s SOC analysts without being tethered to their desktop.
- “In addition to being part of the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework developer ecosystem, we share a common view of improving cybersecurity by challenging the industry status quo. Palo Alto Networks customers can now easily utilize our Advanced Threat Analytics Platform app that is redefining the managed security services experience for our customers to one that is secure, transparent, mobile and customized to their business.” – Rob Davis, CEO, CRITICALSTART
- “We are delighted to welcome CRITICALSTART to the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework developer community. The framework provides our customers with superior security through cloud-based apps developed by innovative security providers, large and small. Together, we are fueling innovation in the cybersecurity market with apps that are built rapidly, engineered on a common framework, and deliver unique value while solving our customers’ toughest security challenges.” – Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
- CRITICALSTART‘s Advanced Threat Analytics Platform is available now, and will officially be part of the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework in August 2018.
- The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework is targeted for availability in August 2018 and will be available worldwide to customers who have purchased either Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls or Traps advanced endpoint protection and the Logging Service subscription.
- Consumer Education(39)
- Consumer Stories(2)
- Cybersecurity Consulting(10)
- Data Breaches(15)
- Data Privacy(43)
- Incident Response(9)
- MDR Services(64)
- Penetration Testing(16)
- Press Release(64)
- Research Report(9)
- Security Assessments(16)
- Thought Leadership(17)
- Threat Hunting(9)
- Vulnerability Disclosure(3)